Saturday, March 20, 2010

Reflections of an Almost Year

See this beautiful girl?

happy flower girl


She... is being raised a vegetarian, loves food and trying out more everyday, gives kisses with an open mouth, loves my hair, likes playing dress up,  d a n c e s to anything with a beat, thinks wet hair is funny, throws everything on the ground, never leaves her socks on, laughs at sneezes, thinks everything is edible, has 4 ½ teeth, is very ticklish, kicks in her sleep, bites indiscriminately, is quiet with strangers, loves to laugh, thinks beds are for jumping, squeals at the sight of animals, h u g s with a l l her strength, hates to be alone, waves with 2 hands, plays with her feet, adores all things shiny, will be walking soon, cries when her feelings are hurt, tries to cheer me up when mine are, pats (hits) affectionately, is 1 year old next month!


I cannot believe it has been 11 months, that next month the tiny baby I brought home will be entering toddler hood. As much as I am excited to see her get bigger and look forward to each little moment, I also find myself mourning her old self as every day she changes.

It is also bittersweet posting this, as this blog something I wanted to do since before she was born but so many obstacles and challenges in life have kept me. First it was I had no camera then it was making a perfect blog them and just as my life seemed to be going good an eviction swiped the floor out from under me and up until recently I have had no internet access. I feel really bad somehow that I could not share those little moments as they happened. That I could not document every breath and coo and laugh and come back to look at it forever.

But I try not to stay in the past, it is my nature being a natural 'reflector' but I try to look forward to the future and continue to cherish all the small and large moments alike on here with all that will listen.

blog comments powered by Disqus